I love Chip and Joanna arguably more than most people- I did shed a tear while watching the last episode of Fixer Upper. Luckily, I still have house hunters where we can listen to buyers explain how there are not enough walk-in closets and the open floor plan is not open enough for them!
HGTV is groundbreaking- We all love it! We all watch it!
It shows us how to completely update and flip a house in line with current trends in 30 mins tops. W O W!
So, lets be serious. We all want that. We want the open floor plan, the man cave, the backyard perfect for entertaining. We want light trim and grey walls. We want a master suite. We want the designer touches. We are even willing to sacrifice location or size to find these finishes in a home.
So what does this mean when its time to sell YOUR house? It means to sell quickly and for top dollar its important to show buyers what they are searching for.
Here are some quick ways to update your home to our buyers current tastes:
- Consider exterior black trim
- Hire a professional landscaping and hardscaping crew to create a simple backyard oasis including a small fire pit and two Adirondack chairs
- Paint your walls a light grey- Did you know, paint is one of the least expensive ways to update a home? Most painting crews can also patch holes, sand drywall and finish your home so it is ready to show.
- Power wash! Go to your local hardware store, rent a power washer and wash the siding, decking and cement surfaces.
- Mulch, weed & get your gardens glowing! Show potential buyers how great your landscaping looks.
- Consider painting your trim and kitchen cabinets/ bathroom vanities grey. This is a simple update most painters are able to tackle for you.
- Update hardware on kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
- Clean up your grout! Have your home deep cleaned and replace or repair grout and re-caulk the house
- Compile a list of maintenance and updates to provide for sellers on demand.
- Work with professional photographers. Pay attention to the lights they turn on, natural lighting they create and recreate these looks when you have showings so your home glows each time buyers see it!
If these tips seem overwhelming to you, you are not alone! Buyers turn to us because we have a network of professionals to help get your house ready to go to market. We will project manage each step of the way and consult you on everything from paint color to simple staging. It is all included and it is all a part of how we sell more houses faster than any other local residential brokerage in Maryland!